CONCHO VALLEY TRANSITION CENTER, Concho Valley Home for Girls, 412 Preusser, San Angelo,

(325) 653-3821 Food pantry, computer and internet access, scanner and printer, varying stock of donated items, WIA program, Self-sufficiency program to aid former foster youth in preparing for and obtaining employment.


Texas Youth Connection Website:† Information on wide range of subjects involving transition to independent living, with many helpful links.


Texas Youth Hotline
Free confidential calls - 1-800-210-2278. To provide peer counseling to youth and family members for family conflicts, delinquency, truancy, abuse and neglect, and running away. 24 hours a day, seven days a week.


High Sky Childrenís Ranch, 3136 Executive Drive, San Angelo† 947-7233. TLS program.


Call 211 for help in finding appropriate resources.


City Social Services now located at the Concho Valley Community Action Agency, 36 W. Twohig in the basement of Wells Fargo building, (325) 653-2411.

*City Social Services can assist with rent and utility payments, crisis intervention


The following agencies may provide services such as food, clothing, furnishings, and financial assistance with such things as rent and utility payments.† Each also operates a thrift store. Apply for aid at the numbers given


Christians in Action, 555 East 6th, San Angelo.† Hours are 10 am-6 pm Tuesday -
Saturday.† Email; Agency phone (325) 655-5127, thrift store (325) 655-1834

* offer rent and electric service assistance, food, furniture, clothing


Catholic Outreach Services (COS), (325) 658-4124, thrift store at 410 N.Chadbourne.

*offer rent assistance, utility payment assistance, food, clothing


Rust Street Ministries, 803 Rust Street, (325) 486-1004

offers clothing, furniture, food and counseling, assistance with addiction issues








The following list is intended to serve as a quick guide to many of the resources available in the Concho Valley area for former foster children transitioning to independent living.† If you canít find what you need here, please consult one of the websites listed or call the Transition Center.